The other night as we were getting ready for bed, D asked his Dad how waterfalls were made. They discussed possible reasons and their individual theories. The conversation then turned to earthquakes and plate tetonics (where D made a lovely analogy of the earth to a vanilla cream filled ball of chocolate) to volcanoes. A lot of D's info came from a Discovery channel program (that I thought nobody was watching) about how the earth was formed. The guys did an internet search about volcanoes and then Mt St Helens which led to a conversation about how search engines work. About an hour later D told me he was really interested in science now even though he thought he wouldn't be. (I'm not sure why he thought that since nearly everything he's interested in relates to science of some sort.)
I Y unschooling!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
L also watches shows when I think he's not watching them. Then asks questions later. It's cool.
We saw that one! And then proceeded to record every other one in the series. We were ALL riveted! Did someone say TV was bad???
Post a Comment